Timothy has a broad based criminal practice that covers the entire spectrum of criminal offences. He undertakes cases in the youth court, magistrates court and crown court. He is an extremely capable advocate who inspires confidence in clients. He has represented clients in many cases for offences involving, drugs, violence, joint enterprise, and fraud.
Timothy has a strong interest in financial crime and its associated areas. Prior to starting pupillage Timothy worked as an analyst in the AML department of a leading panerai replica investment bank, undertaking AML analysis of deals for their investment banking and securities divisions. He also interned with a sole practitioner at a Mayfair based law firm assisting with drafting trusts, legal research and providing general paralegal support. Timothy recently assisted in updating the chapter on “Frauds on Investors” – with particular emphasis on FSMA 2000 and The FSA 2012 in the upcoming edition of Butterworths Fraud: Law, Practice and Procedure”.
Timothy has recently assisted the Treasury Solicitor with the preparation of the Ministry of Defence’s case in arbitration proceedings relating to a multimillion pound construction dispute. Timothy has also previously been instructed by HMRC to assist in the preparation of a case for the first-tier tax tribunal.
- Advising on Regulatory compliance with FSMA 2000 and POCA 2002 (2016)
- R v S (2016) Inner London Crown Court: Section 18 GBH.
- R v A (2016) Inner London Crown Court: Possession of Weapon contrary to Section 5(1)(b) of the Firearms Act 1968. Acquittal after trial.
- R v P (2016) St Albans Crown Court. Benefit Fraud. Successful submission of no case to answer at the close of the prosecution case.
- R v S (2016) Central Criminal Court : Historic Burglary resting solely on forensic evidence. Acquittal after trial.
- R v L (2016) Chelmsford Crown Court: Street Robbery over alleged drug debt. Acquittal after trial.
- R v C 2016 (Luton Crown Court) : Causing serious injury by dangerous driving. Represented defendant that fell asleep whilst driving and crashed into complainant who had to have a leg amputated as a result.
- B and B vs RB (2016): Private Prosecution of Statutory Nuisance involving live expert evidence for both the prosecution and defence. Acquittal after trial.
- Serious Fraud Office (2016): Instructed as discloure counsel on LIBOR case.
- R v S (2015) Luton Crown Court. Conspiracy to Supply Class A drugs (Led Junior for the 1st defendant).7 week trial involved 4 defendants, charged with conspiracy to supply 32 kilos Class A drugs on a local and regional level. Evidence comprised in large part of surveillance operations, cell site evidence and raw telephone data.
- R v W (2015) Isleworth Crown Court: Secured suspended sentence for client who pleaded guilty to possession of a false ID document with intent.
- R v B (2015) Southwark Crown Court: Racially Aggravated Assault involving 2 taxi drivers. Acquittal after trial.
- Treasury Solicitor (2015): Assisted the treasury solicitor with the preparation of the Ministry of Defence's case in arbitration proceedings involving a multimillion pound construction dispute.
- Serious Fraud Office (2015): Instructed as disclosure counsel in the Serious Fraud Office Proceeds of Crime Unit on a major money laundering case.
- International Politics BSc
- Graduate Diploma in Law
- Bar Vocational Course
- Lincoln’s Inn
- South Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association
- Treasury Solicitor-Baby Barrister