Andrew Trollope QC
Recognised for expertise in fraud ("white-collar crime") and serious/organised crime cases. Has appeared consistently among the leading silks recommended in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession for both Crime and Fraud / Criminal. In 2008 edition, placed in Band 1 in both sections.
Andrew Trollope QC has been appointed as a Specialist Adviser to the Northern Ireland Affairs Committee for its inquiry replicas de relojes tag heuer into “The Administrative Scheme for On-the-Runs".
Practice has predominantly consisted of City, commercial, tax and other fraud cases for more than 20 years. Other categories include: money laundering, confiscation and drug-trafficking, restraint proceedings, confiscation and drug-trafficking, company insolvency offences, VAT Tribunal appeals and cartel / competition law investigations.
Football, Sports Law and Sports Regulation
- Andrew Trollope QC, the leading barrister in the Portsmouth FC tax evasion trial, spoke on Fraud, Law and Football at the Soccerex European Forum on 28-29 March 2012.
- He also shared a platform with representatives of FIFA and FIFPRO for a conference session on Betting in Football.
- A report on the event is available here.
- R v Peter Storrie - Former Portsmouth FC CEO cleared of all charges. Following the acquittal of Harry Redknapp and Milan Mandaric, it can be reported that Andrew Trollope QC and Natasha Wong successfully defended tax evasion charges arising from player transfers.
- R v Relton – Brinks Mat.
- R v Viccei – Knightsbridge Safe Deposit.
- R v Stainforth – Blue Arrow.
- R v T Ward – Guinness.
- R v Masterson – Caird plc.
- R v M Ward – European Leisure.
- R v James – Harrovian Properties/Leisure.
- R v Keyes – McNicholas.
- R v Myles – Richmond Oil and Gas plc.
- R v McKeown – Powerscreen plc.
- R v Sykes – Cheney Pension Scheme.
- R v Golechha / Operation Venison – MTIC Carousel Frauds.
- R v Lindsay / Operation Vitric – MTIC Carousel Frauds
- R v Hoult – Ikea.
- R v Matthews – Peakviewing plc. VAT / film financing.
- R v Auchi – Price Fixing / Cartel / Competition Law. Goldshield Group and others.
- Committee member of Criminal Bar Association 1990-2001
- Bar Council International Relations Committee
- Advisory Council British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- Bencher of Inner Temple
- Head of Chambers specialising in criminal law
- Appointed Assistant Recorder 1984
- Appointed Recorder 1989
- Contributor (with others from 187 Fleet Street) to Fraud; Law, Practice and Procedure (Lexis Nexis, Butterworths)