Emma prosecutes and defends in a wide range of serious and complex cases, frequently prosecuted by the SFO, FCA, HMRC and CPS Special Casework division.
Her work primarily focuses on allegations of serious fraud and white-collar crime, including trials for conspiracy to defraud, Fraud Act offences, investment fraud, mortgage fraud, pension fraud, cheating the public revenue, money laundering offences, and asset recovery proceedings.
Emma was recently seconded to the Enforcement division of the FCA gaining financial regulatory experience as part of an investigation team exercising FSMA powers. She managed a large disclosure team in the FCA’s first consumer credit prosecution and advised on LPP risk in relation to an ongoing insider-dealing investigation.
Emma’s corporate crime experience includes work at Bryan Cave LLP, where she spent 9 months dealing with allegations of bribery and corporate corruption in relation to a $1 billion claim settled by international arbitration.
Emma receives regular instructions on serious and high profile criminal cases including murder, rape, people trafficking and drug importations.
Regulatory experience includes 6 months spent as a fitness to practice lawyer at the Nursing & Midwifery Council, advising on charges, lines of enquiry and presenting at tribunals.
Emma is a Long-standing contributing author to the Lexis Nexis annual publication of Fraud: Law, Practice and Procedure.
- R v O’D: Prosecution of 17 defendants for fraud by abuse of position.
- R v H: Wine investment fraud.
- R v S: Multi-million pound boiler room fraud – SFO/FSA prosecution.
- R v S: Largest pension fraud since Maxwell – SFO prosecution.
- R v M: Conspiracy to defraud the IPS.
- R v H: Corporate manslaughter prosecution.
- R v B: Confiscation hearing for an international drug trafficker.
- R v G: Long-running, multi-handed murder trial.
- R v W: High-yield investment fraud – SFO prosecution.
Criminal Bar Associat
South Eastern Circuit
Fraud Lawyers Association