Yasmin practises in all areas of general crime, she is regularly instructed to defend in cases of homicide including murder, attempted murder, familial homicide, death by dangerous driving, serious violent offences, serious sexual offences, drug importation, money laundering, fraud and ancillary proceedings.
She is also regularly instructed to appear in the Court of Appeal and the Administrative Court.
She has a recognised reputation and considerable experience. She has been instructed in a number of multi handed high profile cases involving homicide, sexual allegations and fraud in the last year. She is routinely led by Queens Counsel or appears as a junior alone. She is highly regarded for her advocacy, meticulous preparation, research and legal argument.
- R v A (2004) – Serious Indecent Assault of two 14 year old complainants by a 16 year old defendant.
- R v T (2004) – Successful Judicial Review of promise not to prosecute, instructed by the RMT
- R v B (2004) – Successfully argued 'issue estoppel ' as an abuse of process
- R v M (2004-5) – NHS fraud by an unqualified dentist, instructed as Junior Counsel
- R v M (2005) – Multi-million pound Royal Mail and DWP fraud, instructed as junior Counsel
- R v G (2005) – Multi-million pound Money Laundering within companies set up in UK and Columbia, instructed as Junior Counsel
- R v W (2006) – Multi-handed people trafficking, prostitution and running of high class brothels in central London
- R v F (2006) – Multi-handed, multiple rape and sexual assault of a child
- R v B (2007) – Multi million pound VAT evasion on imported prestige cars, instructed as junior Counsel
- R v O (2008) – Large scale Conspiracy to supply class A drugs – in the South East of England.
- R v S (2008) – Large scale bank fraud with the use of false identity documents
- R v C - (2009) - Multi handed historic rape case with multi complainants
- R v A (2009) - Multi handed Murder motivated by sexual orientation
- R v W (2010) - Multi handed high profile Murder and Familial Homicide
- R v K (2010) - Multi handed bank Fraud and Armed Robbery
- R v A (2011) - Murder and Manslaughter – defence of diminished responsibility
- R v M (2011) - Rape, false imprisonment, sexual assault involving young vulnerable complainants
- R v A (2011) - Armed Robbery
- R v C and M (2012) - Multi handed and multiple rape of under 13 year old.
- R v S (2012) - Rape of under 13 year old.
- R v C (2013) - Multi handed Conspiracy to Murder with complex telephone and cell cite evidence
- R v B (2013) - Gang related Murder with anonymous witnesses and covert recordings
- Criminal Bar Association
- South Eastern Circuit
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association