Donal comes to the Bar following a successful career in Business and IT Consulting.
He has a wide-ranging criminal defence practice including fraud, money laundering and confiscation proceedings, serious violence offences, drugs, robbery and extradition matters. Donal is also instructed to prosecute by the Department for Work and Pensions.
- R v A – Junior alone on 13 count indictment for Fraud, Money Laundering and Perverting the Course of Justice.
- R v S – Successful abuse of process argument where police had failed to obtain details of a witness.
- Romania v T – Extradition – Argument that extradition request was invalid due to Romanian statute of limitations led to the withdrawal of extradition warrant.
- R v K – Successful exclusion of identification evidence followed by cross-examination of remaining 2 witnesses led to directed acquittal in robbery trial.
- R v B – Bail for defendant accused of smuggling £500,000 of cannabis and then fleeing the country on discovery. Bail upheld at subsequent Prosecution appeal.
- R v G – Bail for defendant found with 2kg of cocaine in his car.
- R v C – Threats to kill & False imprisonment. Defendant acquitted by jury.
- R v A – Directed acquittal in burglary trial following a successful submission of no case to answer.
- R v B – Successful abuse of process argument (legitimate expectation).
- R v G – Fraud by false representation. Defendant acquitted by jury after 20 minutes.
- R v D – Instructed to appear for Defendant charged with large-scale importation of Mephedrone.
- R v A – Instructed as junior counsel in £800,000 Social Security Fraud.
- LL.B, The College of Law, London
- Bar Vocational Course, The College of Law (London)
- BA (Hons) English and Related Literature, University of York
- Criminal Bar Association
- South Eastern Circuit