“Very bright, effective and charming” – Legal 500 (2020)
Greg Unwin is an experienced advocate in serious criminal trials including murder, terrorism, complex fraud, drugs and money laundering. From an early stage of his practice he had several reported cases in Archbold and Blackstone’s, and has been praised by the Court of Appeal for “excellent submissions” and “skilful argument”.
- Criminal Bar Association
- South Eastern Circuit
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Grade 3 CPS Counsel
Awards, Qualifications & Other
Greg Unwin’s professional judgement and technical skills benefit from a previous six-year career with an international consulting and design services firm before he qualified as a lawyer and joined the Bar. His clients included the Guardian, Shell, Barclays, HMRC and the House of Commons.
• South Eastern Circuit Florida Advanced Advocacy Scholarship 2014.
• Winner / Finalist: BPP, City and ELMC mooting competitions 2007-2008, judged by Longmore LJ, Lord Neuberger and judges of the ECJ.
• Times Law Award 2007, presented by the Lord Chancellor.
• Bar Vocational Course, BPP Law School, London (Middle Temple Queen Mother Scholarship 2007).
• Graduate Diploma in Law, City Law School, London (Middle Temple Queen Mother Scholarship 2006).
• MA (Hons) Philosophy, Queens’ College, Cambridge University (College Prize and Exhibition 1997).
Greg Unwin is approved to accept instructions direct from international and UK clients on a direct access basis, without the need for a solicitor intermediary in appropriate cases.