Criminal defence advocacy is at the heart of the work of barristers at 187 Fleet Street. Chambers offers a wide range of highly skilled, highly experienced barristers who have successfully defended accused people, appearing in the Crown Court and in Magistrates’ courts in London and across the country, day in, day out. Our barristers are highly accomplished advocates, defending individuals accused of wrongdoing across the whole spectrum of criminal offences, including:
- Serious violence
- Rape and other sexual offences (including historic sexual abuse)
- Modern slavery
- Kidnap, false imprisonment and blackmail
- Robbery, burglary and other offences of dishonesty
- Firearms and other weapons offences
- Serious organised crime
- Money laundering
- Perverting the course of justice
- Driving offences
- Trading standards offences
Chambers is ranked as one of the leading barristers’ chambers in Chambers and Partners and in the Legal 500. Our criminal law barristers deal with high profile, complicated cases working to gain the best result for their clients.
Why choose 187 Fleet Street?
- Our barristers will work with you and your solicitor to ensure we have all the details, at our fingertips – fighting for your individual rights, every step of the way.
- We understand the impact of a criminal investigation and trial on our clients and their families. We will support you from our very first meeting or telephone conversation.
- We are friendly, very approachable and will give you clear, practical advice and guidance.
- We set ourselves high standards in the courtroom to make sure your voice is heard.
- We always put your interests first, aiming always to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Our barristers are specially trained to support and work with vulnerable clients and witnesses.
187 Fleet Street Barristers
Our barristers provide the highest quality of advice and representation for all aspects of criminal law. They have experience and expertise in a range of specialist areas including:
- Sexual crime – we are considered to be a leading criminal Chambers in all areas of sexual crime including rape, sexual assault, historical sexual abuse, indecent images, prostitution and soliciting
- Terrorism and modern slavery – many of our barristers have a wealth of experience in these high profile and evolving areas of serious crime
- Driving offences. Our criminal defence advocates know how to deal with the full range of driving offences, from the least to the most serious, including:
- Death by dangerous or careless driving
- Dangerous and careless driving
- Alcohol and drug related driving offences
- Failing to stop
- HGV offences
Dealing with Appeals
Our work covers appellate work – appeals from the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court, to the High Court and the Court of Appeal, and to the Supreme Court. Our barristers are skilled and experienced at handling appeals against conviction and sentence in the Court of Appeal, and references by the Attorney General.