Criminal Defence Barristers
Criminal defence advocacy is at the heart of the work of barristers at 187 Fleet Street. Chambers offers a wide range of highly skilled and experienced barristers who have successfully defended accused people, appearing in the Crown Court and in Magistrates’ courts in London and across the country, day in, day out.
Our barristers are highly accomplished advocates, defending individuals accused of wrongdoing across the whole spectrum of criminal offences, including:
- Serious violence
- Rape and other sexual offences (including historic sexual abuse)
- Modern slavery
- Kidnap, false imprisonment and blackmail
- Robbery, burglary and other offences of dishonesty
- Firearms and other weapons offences
- Serious organised crime
- Money laundering
- Perverting the course of justice
- Driving offences
- Trading standards offences
187 Fleet Street Chambers is one of the leading barristers’ chambers in the UK, and is ranked in the Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. Our criminal defence barristers deal with high profile, complicated cases, working to gain the best result for their clients.
Why choose 187 Fleet Street?
Our defence barristers will work with you and your solicitor to ensure we have all the details, at our fingertips – fighting for your individual rights, every step of the way. We understand the impact that being the subject of a criminal investigation and trial has on our clients and their families, which means that we will support you from our very first meeting or telephone conversation.
We are friendly, very approachable and will give you clear, practical advice and guidance. We also set ourselves high standards in the courtroom to make sure your voice is heard. As a client, you are extremely important to us, which means we always put your interests first, aiming to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
With experience in highly sensitive cases, many of our criminal barristers are specially trained to support and work with vulnerable clients and witnesses.
Our Defence Barristers
Our barristers provide high-quality legal advice and representation for all aspects of criminal law. They have skill and expertise in a range of specialist areas including:
- Sexual crime – we are considered to be a leading criminal Chambers in all areas of sexual crime including rape, historical sexual abuse, sexual assault, prostitution and soliciting, and indecent images
- Terrorism and modern slavery – many of our barristers have a wealth of experience in these high profile and evolving areas of serious crime
- Driving offences – Our criminal defence advocates have expertise in dealing with the full spectrum of driving offences, from the least to the most serious, including, death by dangerous or careless driving, speeding, alcohol and drug related driving offences, failing to stop and HGV offences.
Criminal Defence Appeals
Our work covers appellate work, which includes appeals from the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court, to the High Court and the Court of Appeal, and to the Supreme Court.
Our barristers are skilled and experienced at handling appeals against conviction and sentence in the Court of Appeal, and references by the Attorney General.