Direct Access means that a barrister can be instructed directly by members of the public or corporate bodies without recourse to a solicitor.
187 Fleet Street provides a Direct Access service, offering high-quality advice and advocacy from expert, leading barristers in the fields of crime and regulation. Chambers’ work has an emphasis on fraud and financial wrongdoing and our barristers regularly act for individuals and companies in high-profile criminal, regulatory and civil litigation cases.
We operate on a privately funded basis at very competitive rates and a fee structure can be tailored to your individual requirements in consultation with the clerks.
We will always endeavour to provide you with a first-class service and where it is appropriate to do so, we will also recommend leading solicitors and our professional partners to provide full litigation services.
Under Direct Access, 187 Fleet Street’s barristers can provide you with the following services:
- Advice and advocacy in court and tribunal hearings
- Pre-charge advice
- Advice on civil claims and investigations
- Advice on regulatory compliance
- Expert interpretation of the law
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents
- Advice on collation of evidence
- Advice on prospects of fighting your case
- Conducting negotiation
- Advice and advocacy on appeals
- Advising on litigation strategy
- Advice and advocacy in disciplinary proceedings
- Second opinions